Friday, February 27, 2015

When Facebook is Dangerous

A couple of weeks ago someone in my uplink for Stella and Dot  started a thread asking what were people's favorite beauty products.  I have to admit that when it comes to makeup, etc, I get pretty lazy.  I find something that works and I stick with it until some catastrophic event makes me find something new (and by catastrophic I mean it makes me start breaking out, or a store within 5 minutes of me doesn't carry it).

Anyway, this thread got me excited to try out some new stuff and since I still have a bit of Christmas money burning a whole in my pocket (thank you Grandma) I took a field trip to Ulta.  Its been a few weeks now and I am SO happy with my new stuff.

First off I wanted to try the new BB cream from Bare Minerals.  Well, apparently its a BB cream, moisturizer, tinted to cover flaws, yada yada yada.  I have to say I absolutely love it.  Its enough coverage that I don't need anything on top of it (well, except around my eyes, but that's another story).  And my skin truly does look really good!!!  I've got a keeper here for sure.  I found it at Ulta but if you live near an Exchange (military friends) you can save a couple bucks.

Next up I finally invested in a decent blush.  I always cheap out on blush and I am actually amazed how much of a difference this makes.  The first time I wore it Ainsley stopped and looked at me and said "you look so pretty Mom".  Wow!  Talk about make my day!  And I didn't tell my mom I had on new stuff and she totally noticed anyway!  Love her!  Anyway, back to the blush.  Its called Two Faced  and I got it in Candy Glow.  I love it.  I love it love it love it.  I also found this at Ulta.  I just asked the girl helping me what she loved and she immediately went to this.  Bonus points that its totally cute!  And its actually a pretty big container so the $30 doesn't seem that high to me.

Finally, this one isn't new but I've been meaning to talk about my favorite mascara for a while.  I buy it through my friend Jennifer who sells Mary Kay.  I use the Ultimate Mascara    and have been for a couple of years now.  This one is not out of laziness but because I think its awesome stuff.  And Jennifer ships anywhere for free so that is a total bonus :)

So that is my beauty roundup.  But before you go here are a couple things I think you NEED to know.    Today is a cold day so I've got on my favorite Fjord flannel from Patagonia and some jeans.  But that doesn't mean I can't still have a little fun with my jewelry.  I just broke out this beauty: the Wishing Arrow bracelet.  I still can't believe how affordable it is!  At just $19 its the perfect little thing to stock up on to have for birthday gifts, teacher gifts, hostess gifts, etc.  There are also an elephant and horseshoe options.  So pretty and fun.  And they are so light and easy you can easily stack a couple or add something else like the engraveable cuff or renegade cluster!  I just got my cuff and that will be another blog because its just too fab to stick at the bottom here like a postscript.

So maybe you're wondering at this point of a blog what the title is all about. Why is Facebook dangerous? Well the answer goes back to the start of this post!   Who knew that one simple, innocent question would send me on a treasure hunt to Ulta that cost $80...sorry if it does the same to you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment